Friday, September 3, 2010

Legal Questions

1. If I am asked to sign a nondisclosure agreement, can I use skills I developed in the company for freelance work?

2. Can you incorporate a public domain design into a specialized design and copyright it?

3. What rights do I retain when using company software?

4. In a series, do you copyright individually or as a series?

5. What is the average price to keep an attorney on retainer?

6. If you do a design, etc. for a client and are not paid for it, does the actual design belong to you or the client?

7. If I come up with an original idea when working for a company, who owns the idea if there was no contract specifying this beforehand?

8. Do salaried employees have any rights to finished products?

9. If I rough out a design on school/company software but finish on my own professional software at what point does it become a creation and what are my rights?

10. If I am given a design to work on that is stolen but I don't know it, can I be sued as well as the company?

No comments:

Post a Comment